Crime Time: Man Climbs TV Tower; Teens Busted for Marijuana; Retail Theft
Posted by Skunk
on Aug 7th, 2011 | 0 comments
Police say the 37-year-old Greenfield man who climbed the WITI-TV tower Tuesday morning, had just lost his job and told his girlfriend he wanted to hurt himself.
Police were able to talk the man down, after he had climbed about a third of the way up the tower used by FOX6, off the Estabrook Parkway.
The parkway was closed around 9 a.m. for safety reasons and reopened about an hour later, according to police.
The man was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Also in the police report:
- Police arrested two teenagers Tuesday for possession of marijuana, after a neighbor reported six juveniles smoking pot in a basement. Police arrived to the home in the 1900 block of East Kensington Boulevard around 9 p.m. and later arrested a 15-year-old Shorewood boy and 16-year-old River Hills girl. They were cited for possession and released to their parents.
- A 23-year-old Milwaukee man and 17-year-old Milwaukee boy were arrested for possession of K2, a synthetic marijuana, Tuesday night. Police pulled over a car the two suspects were riding in for speeding in the 1900 block of East Edgewood Boulevard and smelled burnt marijuana.
- Department of Public Works staff found a dead dog in a bag in Hubbard Park near the Milwaukee River Monday.
- A 19-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for retail theft Tuesday after police say she walked out of Pick ‘n Save without paying for $12 worth of food.
- A bike was stolen sometime between June 29 and Wednesday from the basement of a home in the 1900 block of East Kensington Boulevard.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Crime Time: Man Climbs TV Tower; Teens Busted for Marijuana; Retail Theft,
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.