Pot cookie sends California sisters to hospital

COVINA, Calif. — Two California children were hospitalized after eating a marijuana cookie they found on a kitchen counter, and their mother was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment.

Covina police Lt. Tim Doonan says the girls, ages 10 and 11, found the chocolate chip cookie in a baggie when they came home from school on Monday.

Doonan tells the San Gabriel Valley Tribune that the girls felt ill, complaining of numbness and pale, clammy skin, and were taken to a hospital, where tests showed traces of marijuana .

Their mother, 33-year-old Veronica Sylvester, remained in jail Wednesday on $100,000 bail.

Doonan says she told detectives she got the cookie from a friend for medical purposes. But Doonan says Sylvester had no prescription for the drug.

via : The Associated Press

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 10.0/10 (3 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: +3 (from 3 votes)
Pot cookie sends California sisters to hospital, 10.0 out of 10 based on 3 ratings

No Responses to “Pot cookie sends California sisters to hospital”

  1. Mr.Hempy says:

    see stupid shit like that gives medical marijuana a bad rep duh put your meds out of childrens reach worst part is bitch aint even a legal patient.

    VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
    VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.